Hemp oil

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet
stillfighting
Family Elder

Hemp oil

Post by stillfighting »

Was wondering if anyone tried it? It is high in omega 3's. Has the GLA.. it really looks a lot like what we need. I am not talking about the stuff made from weed. I am talking about what comes from the vitamin store.
I know many of take flax and fish oil. It looks like to me this stuff would make a great addition to get the good fats we need.
Any input..
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Hemp oil

Post by jimmylegs »

a true lol :D
not a fan of hemp oil - ie the salad dressing variety - myself, but that's just personal preference.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
stillfighting
Family Elder

Post by stillfighting »

Then your a fan of the other type? Do you have success with it? Have you tried the other without success?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

neither, actually. i'm just a foodie, it's not a case of chronic munchies ;)
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
dez2000
Family Member

Post by dez2000 »

Food hemp is one of the most nutritious plants for animal and humans. It has over 200 uses. Some states are now allowing the farming of it. Until now Canada was the only grower in north America. Ebay is my source right now for products and seed for growing and consuming. Make sure if you are planting or using it that is not pasteurized or microwaved. Why it was banned after WWII I do not know. Could have been competition for our farmers or trees harvested for the making of paper. Dairy cows do very well with it. Many health supplements are made from Hemp.
The study of Dr F R Klenner’s life, as doctor in Reidsville NC is a classic example of a daring pioneer in medicine who chose to cure, not just treat his patients. Let him become your doctor. The Klenner Protocol is his cure for MS. …dez...
jackthetab

Post by jackthetab »

I do not take hemp oil myself, but do enjoy hemp seeds from Nutiva.
Some people have had some poor quality seeds from them, but I am fairly satisfied. Are hemp seeds a good way to get added nutrition and quality levels of zince, copper, magnesium, omega's and phosphorus?
hannakat
Family Elder

Post by hannakat »

Ahh...I'd love more information on hemp oil and MS and was hoping to find it here.
Stillhaha
Family Member

Post by Stillhaha »

Sometimes I eat hemp seeds blended into a smoothie...decent stuff I buy mail order.

I kind of want to try cannabis oil once I make it back to California, hopefully later this year. The protocol with that begins with a rice-grain sized amount once daily and increases steadily. It involves lots of bed rest.

I also have some legal liquid hemp oil, also from VitaCost.com that I never touch. Limiting myself to only one source of fat per day seems to help me. Fat takes a lot of energy to digest.

Post by jerrygallow »

I bought some and started taking it. But I noticed more allergies. I am usually allergic to grasses in the spring. So I wonder if something like that could aggravate my allergies? I do like the taste better than flax

Return to “Diet”