Time to throw the ball out of the pram !

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Jellybaby

Time to throw the ball out of the pram !

Post by Jellybaby »

I'm looking at the Aubagio tablets wondering whether to take the plunge, shall I take it tonight or the morning, after 3 years of uncertainty and then a diagnosis I'm heading into yet more uncertain territory and quite frankly I'm ready to throw my ball out of the pram. My body seems to have its own agenda and not invited me to the party which I am finding very inconvenient and frustrating and now just to get the party going a bit more its time to to throw in some more drugs which may or may not have side effects.... Is there anyone who can tell me that some time soon I wont be as miffed with my lot and that some form of 'normality will return to my life. I am thoroughly and overwhelmingly miffed with a big M!!
euphoniaa
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Time to throw the ball out of the pram !

Post by euphoniaa »

Jellybaby wrote:I'm looking at the Aubagio tablets wondering whether to take the plunge, shall I take it tonight or the morning, after 3 years of uncertainty and then a diagnosis I'm heading into yet more uncertain territory and quite frankly I'm ready to throw my ball out of the pram. My body seems to have its own agenda and not invited me to the party which I am finding very inconvenient and frustrating and now just to get the party going a bit more its time to to throw in some more drugs which may or may not have side effects.... Is there anyone who can tell me that some time soon I wont be as miffed with my lot and that some form of 'normality will return to my life. I am thoroughly and overwhelmingly miffed with a big M!!
Hello Jellybaby & welcome! I hope you have found all the different subforums for the separate meds -- here's the one for Aubagio: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/aubagio-t ... omide-f53/
Since it's one of the newer meds, there's not as much activity there, but you may want to post questions about the drug there, too.

And sorry that none of us can actually reassure you that things will ever be "normal" again, but even those without MS have their challenges, so an MS diagnosis does not signal the end of your fun! :smile:

Personally, even my neuro agrees that there's no way to tell if any of my own aging body's symptoms are due to MS or to one of my many other issues, so I just go with it day by day. And I seldom blame MS for anything -- it wouldn't matter anyway. :smile:

Good luck!

P.S. All drugs have some side effects, even OTC ones, so it's just a matter of weighing the pros & cons and choosing which ones are most needed to alleviate your OWN situation.
Dx'd with MS & HNPP (hereditary peripheral neuropathy) 7/03 but must have had MS for 30 yrs before that. I've never taken meds for MS except 1 yr experiment on LDN. (I found diet, exercise, sleep, humor, music help me the most.)
Jellybaby

Re: Time to throw the ball out of the pram !

Post by Jellybaby »

Thank you for the reassurance Family elder, its hard been a control freaky perfectionist, I have some adapting to do to accommodate this thing but I will do it. I have many adventures to have.