Aubagio ‘associated with reduced disability progression...

Aubagio is an oral treatment approved for MS.
Post Reply
User avatar
Family Elder
Posts: 2903
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:00 pm

Aubagio ‘associated with reduced disability progression...

Post by MSUK » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:28 am

Aubagio ‘associated with reduced disability progression after relapse’

Aubagio is associated with reduced risk of disability progression among patients experiencing multiple sclerosis (MS) relapse, compared to placebo, according to a post-hoc analysis of clinical trial data presented at the 68th American Academy of Neurology meeting in Canada...Read more -

Family Elder
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:33 am

Re: Aubagio ‘associated with reduced disability progression.

Post by Anonymoose » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:47 am

87% of study participants taking aubagio who experienced no relapse showed no evidence of progression over a twelve week period. In the msuk blurb no numbers given on those who did experience relapse.

wow (sarcasm)

Family Member
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:07 pm

Re: Aubagio ‘associated with reduced disability progression.

Post by Anunymouse » Thu May 05, 2016 7:08 am

The aubagio website shows a difference between taking the drug, and placebo is at best 10%. You just have to get past the BIG BIG numbers saying that 72% of patients on aubagio didn't relapse. It's the smaller text that says 62% on placebo were relapse free.

I'm of the opinion that 10% isn't statistically significant as only 10% of the patients that take it see improvement. Only 1 out of 100 people might see a benefit. Useless to the masses imo, odds are I'm in the 90%. Vegas would go broke at those odds. My neuro disagrees.

Anyway, after 2 years of her asking me to be on something I have been on 14mg aubagio for about 7 weeks. I've felt like hell for... about 7 weeks. By day 3 I was feeling bad and hoping things would change as my body adapted. No joy. Taking it in the AM left me almost too tired to function. All I wanted to do was sleep. I started taking it at night, I'm only exhausted all the time now so that's an improvement I guess. A flight of stairs leaves me out of breath. And I hit the toilet about 3 times a day on average. Last week she asked me to go every other day on it to see if I improve, phone call this am she's asking me to stop taking it and is ordering the washout. I'm not upset.

3 Neuros I've been to say that mainline ms drugs don't do anything. Well, "If you are going to have 6 relapses this year, they *might* stop 1." And they still get prescribed. My first neuro, "All 6 do about the same thing, none of them work. Which one do you want?" It seems the only certainty is you will have side effects.

Lemtrada, a majority of people on it reportedly are free from progression, free from relapse etc. But that's the "last straw". You can't get it. It will keep you out of the wheelchair, but you can't have it until after you're in the wheelchair. Logic.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Aubagio (teriflunomide)”