MS Cure without HSCT stem cells

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
vesta
Family Elder

MS Cure without HSCT stem cells

Post by vesta »

A recent quick google search under MS Cure (science alert, healthline, telegraph, newscientist, mirror, medical news today) highlights stem cell research HSCT (Hematopioetic Stem Cell Transplant) described as “unprecedented”, “exciting”, miraculous” “close to curative”.

Most of the articles refer to a recent The Lancet article which describes a study of 24 MS patients who underwent the HSCT procedure originally designed to treat Leukemia patients. After extracting stem cells from the MS patient’s own blood, a high dose of chemotherapy is administered to knock out the existing immune system after which the harvested stem cells are introduced to rebuild or “reboot” a new immune system. It is claimed that 70% of the MS patients were entirely cured while 40% were better. Unfortunately, one patient died and another suffered acute liver complications. Apparently only patients in an early “aggressive” RRMS were chosen, some after DMD treatment had failed. No Progressive cases were treated. (I didn’t read the full article, these are details taken from brief summaries.)

This sounds like a drastic approach to detoxification which I would NEVER try or recommend. Before risking death or being hospitalized for liver failure one might try well documented “cures” using nutritional therapy. I was CURED of MS between 1985 – 1993 through detoxification, nutrition, nutritional supplements and functional/energy therapies.

When I asked my Neurologist to confirm the MS diagnosis for a legal matter in 1990, he refused. HE SAID THAT SINCE I COULDN’T HAVE RECOVERED FROM MS, I NEVER HAD IT. He recommended against my undergoing the MRI (unavailable in 1980 when I was diagnosed) because it would surely prove negative which would hurt my case if MS was an issue. After the lawsuit was settled, I underwent the MRI as well as the eye exam which both proved positive for MS. However, no handicap was discernable.

In short, a “miracle cure.”

No. A perfectly doable cure. There have been many others, those who follow recommendations of Dr. Roy Swank, Dr Catherine Kousmine, Matt Embry (http://www.mshope.com) or Dr Terry Wahls. These “cures” are dismissed as “anecdotal”, because they don’t conform to established medical protocols using drugs or exotic procedures. (Dr Terry Wahls, who is currently trying to “prove” the nutritional “cure”’ is being hampered by lack of funding. Who is going to pay to prove that raw veggie juice “cures” MS? This “funding for medical research issue” is an illustration as good as any that private interest monopolies don’t necessarily promote public welfare. Rethink current Ideology anyone?)

Anyway, when I moved to France in 1992 I abandoned the diet, and above all lived in a terrible stress. (I believe the stress was the most TOXIC factor in my relapse, and here the vascular connection was paramount. I understood this only after reading about Dr. Zamboni’s “Liberation Therapy” in summer 2010, this revelation being the motivation behind my site MSCureEnigmas.net.)

A final comment on the current excitement around this very limited HSCT study. Chiropractor Dr. Michael Flanagan estimated that up to 25% of MS cases were in fact caused by skeletal or “mechanical” obstructions of central nervous system fluid flow (cerebro-spinal fluid, blood). Therefore, these patients would suffer a useless, costly and potentially dangerous procedure only to remain neurologically compromised. (See previous June 14, 2016 blog post on Dr. Flanagan.)

It’s time now for me to resume my personal story as an illustration of an “MS CURE” without drugs or exotic medical procedures such as HSCT stem cell treatment. (I would eagerly support a health enhancing way to repair the myelin sheath, but not a treatment that destroys the immune system.)"

Best regards, Vesta

Previously published on my site MS Cure Enigmas.net. www.mscureenigmas.net/
UWE59
Family Member

Re: MS Cure without HSCT stem cells

Post by UWE59 »

Somebody is good with Swank, somebody with Evers, somebody with Wahls, somebody with crabs....
As long as the causes are not detected there is no cure
Kind regards UWE
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

The problem with any so called 'cure' is that a lot of time (15-20 years or more) is in reality, needed to 'prove' the cure is really a cure, as many can go into remission for long periods of time (10+years) without following any kind of special protocol of any kind.

Like many other highly motivated individuals, I am doing the best I can with the info available today but won't really know if anything I am doing now is truly benefiting me for probably 10-15 years or more.
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

Maybe they should try it on people with PPMS. We don't get remisions.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

David1949 wrote:Maybe they should try it on people with PPMS. We don't get remisions.

While this is the general thought, some (granted very, very few) with advanced stages of MS have in fact gone into remission...
vesta
Family Elder

Post by vesta »

ElliotB wrote:The problem with any so called 'cure' is that a lot of time (15-20 years or more) is in reality, needed to 'prove' the cure is really a cure, as many can go into remission for long periods of time (10+years) without following any kind of special protocol of any kind.

Like many other highly motivated individuals, I am doing the best I can with the info available today but won't really know if anything I am doing now is truly benefiting me for probably 10-15 years or more.
Hello Elliot:

The whole point of my post is that I think it very foolish to go into a heavy duty stem cell treatment before trying some well known, successful thérapies. Also, there will be no single "cure". Chiropractor Dr. Flanagan believed that up to 25% of MS cases were caused by skeletal obstructions of blood/CSF flow. These cases would require more than allergy/nutrition/supplement/energy thérapies, although any improvement in one's overall health status should be welcomed. (They need work on the obstruction). I also think it silly to sit around and wait for "the cure". It won't ever happen. MS isn't strep throat, take an antibiotic and there you go.
I now realize that I can slow/stop my MS progression through enhancing blood/CSF fluid through the brain/central nervous system. Had I known this in 1992 I wouldn't need a cane today. It is galling to discover this now (reading about CCSVI summer 2010), but better late than never. Everyone can take that fundamental idea and work with it.

Best regards, Vesta