Am i taking a risk of restenosis by takin the supplemnt MSM?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
adamt
Family Elder

Am i taking a risk of restenosis by takin the supplemnt MSM?

Post by adamt »

I already take a big list of supplements to improve my general health/immune system such as:
LDN, Calcium/Magnesium, Zinc/Copper, Vit B, C, D3, E, B12, Fish oil, Selenium, Beta Carotene,

But i have been advied to also take MSM, but after reading what it does im worried it will 'repair' the dilated IJVs and result in restenosis.

Is this possible / likely if i take MSM every day - 1g twice daily ?

MSM Stands for methyl sulphonyl methane. Sulphur is essential to life. It helps repair the damaged tissue membranes, is anti-inflammatory, helps reduce pain, is anti-bacterial, anti-parasitic and reduce scar tissue. Sulphur regulates the sodium potassium pump in the cells. This process removes toxins from cells, reduces inflammation, and promotes healing. Helps strengthen gut lining. Helps in myelin repair, relieves muscle cramps and constipation.
[/b]

thanks
blossom
Family Elder

msm

Post by blossom »

i'm no expert but it sounds like it should be helpful and very good for you overall. expecially if it strenghtens organs. don't a lot of people restenose because the vein recoils?
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I've never taken it either but it sounds like it could be a good one. It helps with myelin repair, huh....
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
MaggieMae
Family Elder

Post by MaggieMae »

My husband took MSM for years, but at a much higher dose. A doc once told him to take it for his back pain. Didn't help the back pain, but that night his leg spasms quieted down. He quit the three different muscle relaxers he was on and only took the MSM for about five years. Sometime last year, he noticed his spasms getting worse again and his legs weaker. He is now on a different med for the spasms, but for those years it worked better than any baclofen or other muscle relaxer that he ever took. Also interesting is that after a procedure on his bladder, the urologist said not to take the MSM for two weeks because it thins your blood. Hmmmm.....
adamt
Family Elder

Post by adamt »

thanks for the replies,

MSM thinning the blood? thats got to be a good thing for someone who is liberated!

ill start taking MSM i think

iwas just worried that repairing scar tissue would result in restenosis
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

One of the things that MSM does very well is to keep connective tissue elastic - including blood vessels. I have been somewhat confused about the term "elastic recoil" in relation to veins; it would seem that we wouldn't want our veins to "spring back" to the stenotic state after treatment, but at the same time, perhaps the oridinal stenosis is a result of in-elasticity. Veins and arteries are supposed to be elastic though... I am taking 3,000 mg of MSM/day, but had not been taking it for about 6 months pre-op, and only started it again 1 month post-op. I will continue it until my second procedure in the autumn, and hope there is a more lasting result.
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

Why is everybody having more than 1 procedure?
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)