Lyme test

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
gu1928
Getting to Know You...

Lyme test

Post by gu1928 »

Hello folks
I recently had a spinal type to look for demylenation / ms and that came back negative
I also had lyme blood test

Did anyone get tested for blood for lyme disease and had symptoms like MS.I got tested for lyme western blot at labcorp and the test was negative
But I got two bands of IGg positive 41 and 58
IGm 23 postive
Per cdc standards I was negative

the test was not completely clean.if it's not lyme is it any other bacterial infection that causes neurological symptoms.
I would really appreciate if anyone who did not have lyme disease but had neurological symptoms to share their western blot lyme results
Is it worth to pursue this not completely clean results of lyme to chase what is wrong with me?
Or these bands show up positive randomly?

Any insight into this would be great help
Thanks Gul
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Lyme test

Post by NHE »

Were you tested for bartonella?

See this post and others... http://www.thisisms.com/forum/post211282.html#p211282

Note that the mp3's are no longer freely available, but the journal pdf still is.
gu1928
Getting to Know You...

Post by gu1928 »

Thanks NHE

Isn't getting tested for lyme mean getting tested for all tickborne which includes bartonella?
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

As well as Bartonella there is also Babesia and Mycoplasma as possible coinfections. The best book I have seen on the subject is "Healing Lyme disease coinfections" by Stephen Harrod Buhner. He uses herbs but its a struggle to find the herbs he actually means. Nonetheless, you will learn a massive amount coinfections and how the inflammatory process is influenced from that book.

Regards,
violin
Family Member

Post by violin »

Lyme testing results are merely indicators, not definitive. IGENEX lab is usually considered the best. There are lots of different types of Borrelia besides the Borrelia burgdorferi, which is "Lyme", and testing may well not test for other strains. I probably got Borrelia persica in the Middle East.

After two years on a protocol of doxycycline, azithromycin, and Alinia, I've gotten tons better. Alinia is the biofilm buster. Regardless of test results, this protocol likely can get at other tick borne infections. But day-long "healing crises" should be expected. Vital to learn how to deal with yours.

Hope you can find a Lyme-literate MD. Good luck.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.