Heat sensitivity

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Jaded
Family Elder

Heat sensitivity

Post by Jaded »

Hi folks

We are having a heatwave here in the UK at the moment.

I've been wondering why my sensitivity to heat is getting worse.....I had a look at some studies, not sure what they were going to tell me! Sometimes I know the answer and would prefer not to see it in writing...It is disappointing because of holidays being almost impossible and also my dreams of moving down under too :(

This link is from Gavin Giovannoni's website MS Selfie. You can press no thanks to subscribing (as I do) and still view the topic and comments. There were some useful ones that I might try (feet in cold water for 10 minutes! And rehydration tablets...). Interesting that some MSers say their DMTs have helped. Can I get a stash (of lemtrada..I think) from somewhere??!! Just kidding but to be honest this is awful. Don't feel up to going out in it. Wasn't fun yesterday.

Heat impact page: https://gavingiovannoni.substack.com/p/ ... do#details
Comments page: https://gavingiovannoni.substack.com/p/ ... o/comments

Someone asked about keytones....think I've been down enough rabbit holes for a lifetime so may google that later.

J
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Heat sensitivity

Post by NHE »

Jaded wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:12 am We are having a heatwave here in the UK at the moment.

I've been wondering why my sensitivity to heat is getting worse.....I had a look at some studies, not sure what they were going to tell me! Sometimes I know the answer and would prefer not to see it in writing...It is disappointing because of holidays being almost impossible and also my dreams of moving down under too :(
Hi Jaded,
The Active MSers site has a good cooling vest review. It may be helpful for you.

viewtopic.php?p=262098#p262098
Jaded
Family Elder

Re: Heat sensitivity

Post by Jaded »

Thanks NHE