Little Victory

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
LiquidSkin
Family Member

Little Victory

Post by LiquidSkin »

So my car broke down today, waited 20 mins for a cab, nothin, so I decided to walk home, about 3 miles home, nice cold day, and I did it without getting out of breathe or over heated, or anything.

No Medication
No alt Medication
One three mile hike

-might get a bike and ride to work now-
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

that's great! rock on!! how long did that trek take?
Bubba
Family Elder

Post by Bubba »

Thats great to hear. I kindasorta did the same thing saturday. The state opened up some new land for public use behind my house. I google mapped it and seen there were nice looking fishing ponds on the property. It is walking or biking only. Well.... curiosity got me and I grabbed a fishing rod and set out on foot. It was 86 degrees out and not a cloud in the sky. Thank God the wind was blowing. 2.5 miles later, I was at the pond. I then had one of those "extreme fatigue" attacks. So after 15 minutes of fishing I decided to head home. I can just remember putting one foot infront of the other, and repeat... Finally I was home and totally exhausted. Took a shower, relaxed for 45 minutes in the A/C and I was good to go again. I think I am going to start trying to accomplish the same thing maybe three times a week. I really felt good that evening! :D

BTW, how do yall like my word "kindasorta"?
LiquidSkin
Family Member

Post by LiquidSkin »

it took about 40 minutes but I wasnt rushing or anything, busy highway
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

that's great LS! and good for you bubba!
time just changed here, it's light after work - nipped out yesterday eve for a 40 min trot on the trails, while the laundry was in the dryer! i can't deal with pavement though, makes my skin crawl - nice soft dirt for me :)
keep up the good work :D

Return to “General Discussion”